Monday, April 26, 2010

God is Great. Life is good, and People Are Crazy.

Heyya....

So here I am. God is good. =)

I really don't know EXACTLY what to talk about. I have so many thoughts floating around in my mind, and I can't seem to focus on just one.

Start with..........ladies conference.

SO i just got back from Ladies Conference this weekend. It was AWESOME. Sister Janice Sjostrand was AMAZING. I will never forget her. There were many things she talked about that touched me. She spoke a lot about Esther. This interested me, because I always loved the story of Esther and sort of "looked up to her." I thought,'Wow, I'd really like to be like her, and have God use me like her one day." However, I couldn't understand what the difference was between me and Esther. Sis Sjostrand cleared this up for me.....

Obedience....

Now... if you know me, then you know I am a very stubborn person. I like things to be done my way, and I don't like orders. Esther was obedient. She did what was asked of her. She was considered "lovely." SO now, I understand. That I need to stop. I need to stop and shut my mouth. I need to stop arguing with my dad, and I need to stop arguing with my Pastor, and I need to STOP arguing with my God. Because they LOVE me, and they are trying to lead me the way i should be going.

I also got to speak with her on the last morning of the conference. This service was difficult for me. It was a lot about mothers...My mother was not present at this conference. I also spent a lot of this service weeping over that fact. The devil has tried to trick me into believing that I cannot be lead in church because my own mother isn't there to guide me. I got to speak with Sis Sjostrand about this...and she prayed for me. After she prayed for me. I can't even begin to describe the feeling on my when she touched me. The presence of God just flows from her. WOW...I don't even know where to begin to explain it.. so I'm not going to try to... Sorry if that disappoints. She looked me in the eye...and told me to straighten my shoulders and keep my head up. She said that even though my own mother isn't here worshiping with me, YET, that I can find strength in the other women in my church. I have mothers and sisters and aunts right there with me. Women with far more experience than me. I can learn from these women if I open myself up to be taught.

There were a few women that came to my mind at that moment. one of whom I have privately thanked since then. This girl is probably my best friend. I doubt she thinks of me that way, but to me... she is my best friend. If I had been raised on the pew, she is like the older sister I could have had. She always seems so wise, and usually has great advice for me. If she can't give me advice, she will pray for me. I really do covet her prayers. I really don't know if she has any idea as to the capacity of which God has used her in my life. I love this girl. She is my Sister. I am so thankful that God let our paths cross.

There has been some drama lately too, but right now, I am content with this piece, and believe that I may write of it another day. If I don't, well then maybe I don't need to. Maybe the world could use one less blog filled with drama...I don't know. In a nutshell...

Boys are annoying, 99% of the time.
There's currently one that doesn't get on my nerves as much as some other ones.
There is also one that gets on my nerves more than any of the other ones.
These two seem to like to fight.
I feel like they're fighting because of me.
This makes me sad.
I finally snapped and told them both to stop and leave me out of it because I wasn't going to take it anymore.
This will probably be told to my Pastor, in more or less words all twisted up in a manner that it wasn't meant.
Then I will have to sort all this out, yet again.

Oh well. God is good and I'm Living Life and Loving Jesus. There's no better way to exist. =)
<3

0 comments:

Post a Comment